Skip to main content

Reply to "Showcase numbers to shoot for?"

4arms posted:

I can see each persons point.  I guess my thought process is that if I am a school and two players express interest from the same class.  I may be more inclined to look at the player who posted a high grade at say a PG showcase “first” since they were evaluated to see what the hype is.  Versus the player who hasn’t been evaluated yet.  So well i agree that the talent is what is most important.....it seems like a good grade followed my a “top prospect list” status helps get a foot in the door.   

There are a number of players who are offered P5 commits without ever playing in a PG/PBR showcase. If the kid has the chops, and is playing for a well connected/respected coach, that coach is gonna call his college coach buddies to tell them to take a look at the kid pretty early on. I personally know 2 players who are playing D1 ball, one a second year starting SS, one a first year OF, who never played a PG event. I take that back, the SS played Jupiter only after an MLB team told him they wanted to see him there. He did get drafted but decided to go to college instead. Started 95% of the games and played very well. His draft stock will rise with the extra years of playing P5 ball.