Skip to main content

Reply to "Showcase position question"

Originally Posted by PGStaff:

How does he run?  There are many HS CF that really don't run well enough to create lots of college interest as a CF. Also many outfielders can't play in the infield. Sure if he can hit that is the main thing, but I wouldn't show in CF unless I was a very good runner.  Especially if I were a good 3B.

Knowing the tools most important at each position can be very helpful.  Running ability is high on the list for a CF.  not so much at 3B.  So if he can play 3B why leave it up to coaches to figure out where they Think he might be able to play? Show them!  Usually you see infielders moved to the outfield more than outfielders getting moved to the infield.

if he does run well, none of this really matters.  Play where he is most comfortable.

thanks for the replies. he is relativity fast for his size (been times 5 times in 60 @ 6.9-7-2) Arm is also very good as well as instincts. just not sure of the speed is going to stay the same as he is going through another growth spurt and the weight is starting to come on, based on family members he has lots of growing still.

Last night he decided after reading this thread that we would change headfirst to OF and keep Stanford @ 3rd. probably making this more than it should be as he is only 15 and a sophomore. 

thanks again