Skip to main content

Reply to "Showcase Question for a 2016"

Son did PG Main Event last December and got hammered.  Played football all fall, then hoops beginning November.  Had not taken serious reps on the diamond since first week of August.  Played no fall baseball.  Then went to the Main Event and did not show well at all. Arm had lost about 5mph since August.  There are some serious HS players there.  And the grades PG assigns stick. 

I never saw any "scouts" there, certainly not college ones wearing any insignias.  To me, you go to that one in peak form.  Come out with some great video, a great PG grade and you send the link off to college recruiters.  If the grade that comes back is not to your son's liking, he may not be able to do anything with it.  I'm not saying to shy away from the challenge, but if you say your boy is not playing fall ball and he is playing another sport this fall, it may be a tall order.

I'd do one in spring, after baseball season when he should be at his peak.  Then as a 2016 go on a FULL COURT PRESS beginning in late spring thru fall.  Hopefully his PG grade will be a true assessment of his abilities and he will have some new video to send out.

JMO