Skip to main content

Reply to "Showcase Timing"

RJM posted:

Some posters put too much stock in showcase scores. Be more concerned with what coaches see than scores. Unless you’re tossing spaghetti off the wall to see what sticks your son or his travel coach is in communication with his target schools. Not cutting loose with the arm can be explained. Be preventive up front rather than defensive after the fact. Tell the coaches why he isn’t cutting loose. In the long run you can’t hide injuries anyway. 

I definitely agree that many and probly myself included give too much thought to measurables. I think in my son's case is that he would like to get some invites to certain events just for the sake of taking part on a larger stage. We both know when his playing days are over that the memories are what will remain.What is important to him I know other kids have no interest in and are very successful in their journeys. He likes to compete against top competition and seems to thrive on it. I know I will probly dish out more money than needed to get him in front of the schools he needs to be in front of. I have no younger son, so enjoying this opprotunity to watch him play and enjoy himself makes me ok with that. I appreciate all the thoughts regarding the subject, many good ideas and suggestions.