Skip to main content

Reply to "Showcase Timing"

anotherparent posted:

I see the OP's point; you want to get your son's numbers to colleges so they will come watch him in summer games.  The measurables you listed are D1 numbers, so this summer should be a big recruiting year.  Presumably your summer coach knows these numbers, and can time/measure your son so that the info is up-to-date?  Is that coach or organization well-connected and respected?  In that case, they should be contacting the colleges and telling them about him (including his numbers), asking them to watch him in summer games.  What do they say about PG/PBR?

The coach my son will be playing with this summer is well respected but I wouldn't say nearly as well connected as the top programs are in the area. He did play college ball and is one hell of a good coach thou. My son will be the only 2022 playing with a talented group of 2021s from the area with most of them being starters on their respective 5A or 6A HS baseball team. They will play in 2 tournys hosted by P5 teams and 3 hosted by top mid major programs. The other tournys are either PG or showcase tournys with multiple college coaches signed up to attend. So I would say a good opportunity for him to shine if he does well. The reasons I opted for this route is the cost is minimal for us due to fundraisers and sponsorships for these type of tournys. This allows me to enroll him in specific college camps later in the fall or other events that could come up. I also didn't want to commit thousands of dollars for him to play with a top program and him to have some sort of setback with his arm. Luckily this hasn't happened and his doctor says in April he will be good to unleash as long as no setbacks occur. He is released to play now but wisely we have chosen for him to tame the throws for a while yet. He has worked out with a couple of the travel programs in the area this offseason and will be joining one of the best connected ones in the area this fall.