Skip to main content

Reply to "Showcasing in empty stadiums"

Don't they set up GoPros at WWBA and stream? They could do the same at Tourneys.

Not that rank matters to all, but I do know that if there are events and you don't attend and others do. Those kids are able to boost rank in PG. 

Happens to the non-football guys in the fall. You can see their ranks tank as the Fall players (Ft Meyers, Jupiter and showcases) do and their ranks show it. 

You can see it this year too. There were a few events early and those that went benefited from a rank boost. 

Schools don't need it, but love to bring in ranked players, helps their recruiting class ranking, marketing and media guide, and it gives something for the announcers something to talk about.  

Also metrics are metrics and if you're recruiting we know there are magic numbers for programs. eg 90 mph RHP. So if you're able to break one of those metrics ceilings or floors (pop time or 60 time) at an event and it is official, that gives you metrics, and hopefully a tweet to share. Add to your baseball profile and retweet (@FlatgroundApp or @FlatgroundBats). Coaches are watching and want the 3rd party verification.

Times have changed so maybe dad with a ball coach or something holds more weight now than it did in your own videos for your son to share/tweet.  Better to find someone with a Stalker to get in your video, if you can.

My son's 1st scheduled event with his East Cobb team is in Hoover in late June. Fingers crossed. @22and25 pointed out to me the other day (our sons play on same HS team) that a good thing is that the "school field or hosted" tourneys or showcases might not be allowed so the private facility stuff like Tomball (Texas) and East Cobb in GA are better "bets" if stuff is allowed. I didn't think of that and that makes a lot of sense.  There are some PG scheduled events and showcases in August that I have hopes for and sights on, but they're both based at "schools" so jury might be out on those.

Thankfully my son accepted his offer and isn't chasing one. So his PC said to work out, add weight and strength, get faster,  and attend just a few events (this was before Covid). JMO, but not sure I'd recommend sitting on multiple offers and if certain schools aren't in the running = you should let them know so they can focus on other recruits. Especially with so many committing right now on Twitter and the difficulties and limited recruiting of others.

I'm not judging or condeming here and if you want to aim higher, that is great. Just in times like these and with NLI in 6 months for the 2021s.  Others are scrambling for just 1 offer. 

I just hope the few events starting in 2 weeks here in TX go well for folks in attendance and start the ball rolling for others. 

Last edited by Eokerholm