Skip to main content

Reply to "Sign or College......That Is The Question!!"

After reading the subsequent posts, I need to clarify for those not familiar with the draft process. The player offered money in the 35th would have had to have MLB approval to get it. It never got that far. Secondly, the player is a football/baseball player that is an incredible athlete at a front-line program. Thirdly, the posters are correct, usually the claim of a lot of money out of slot is "BS." Lastly, I never verified the truth of the offer -- it was told to me by his father.

However, I'm sticking by my position that a top prospect will and should have his round predicted. The problem is there are 90 people taken in the first three rounds (not include sandwich rounds) and maybe 900 who expect to be.

If you look at the Baseball America comments by round, a player with more comments tends to be drafted higher than those who are not in the database or who have few notes. Last two drafts the first three rounds had significant notes compared to subsequent, lower rounds. I'm saying this, because if you think your player is a first three round pick and Baseball America doesn't know who they are -- it is unlikely.
Last edited by baseballpapa