Skip to main content

Reply to "Signing day today!"

Very flattered by your kind words. 

I would like to further emphasize Brad's sentiments - Lane MADE himself into a DI pitcher.  We offer guidance to many players - some listen, some don't.  Lane drove 2 hours to come for his pitching lessons and practices but it was his dedication to learn and improve that got him where he is today.  I have always tried to emphasize to kids that their success in life will be directly related to how much they are willing to advocate on their own behalf and take advantage of the opportunities afforded them.  In all my years doing this Lane is easily in the top 5 all time in those categories. He was driven and focused and knew what he wanted.

I compare that to some kids that think a 30 minute drive is too far.  Or that other sports and activities take priority and then wonder why they don't get what they "want".  Lane knew that you get what you WORK and SACRIFICE for. 

Again, I thank you for your post and your kind words but I hope that people walk away from this thread understanding that kids will separate themselves from the pack through their actions and choices and not just with words and wishes.