Skip to main content

Reply to "Silver Lining of Covid This Fall?"

@old_school posted:

simple answer is no, complicated answer is no and pretty much any logical response to the shit show of the last 6 months being positive...is just no. Sorry to sound negative but I see what I see. 

I don't care if you are negative. That's your own personal hell that you chose to live in. What's not acceptable is saying that the only logical response is to be a piss-ant when in reality that's your response. I'm currently living overseas. While I was here my Dad died and I couldn't get home and did not even have the comfort of human contact during my time of grief (and before you say that's silly, I'm living in a country that only had 7 ventilators at the beginning of the pandemic so prevention was the only tool available to fight COVID). I've been stuck here for 6 months because they grounded international travel. I chose to find the small positive things, the blessings, the silver linings, the mitzvahs, the rainbows...whatever you want to call them. Because they exist. And because recognizing them and giving them air is much healthier for me than to focus on not being there for my Dad or my daughter's NCAA run being cancelled or missing my son's awesome summer this summer. So you do you but stop denigrating the rest of us doing us. All you had to do was not respond. 

Last edited by PTWood