Skip to main content

Reply to "Single best advice from HSBBW"

I'll piggy back of what @T_Thomas just said.  My 2021 came within arms reach of his goal - a D1 offer - but came up short and decided to go the Juco route.  I made it clear (and continue to do so) to my son that accepting an offer and even signing, does not mean recruiting is over.  In Juco cases like his, it's simply an extension of his recruiting journey; not an end.  I don't even like to think of it as a pause in the process.  For those that don't know the timeline well, it isn't good to view going Juco as "we've got another 2 years to find you a 4-year home."  My son arrived at his Juco campus on August 2nd - about 5 months ago.  2nd semester classes began yesterday, so it'd be easy to say "he really just got there."  And while there is some truth to that, for a position player like my son who is aiming high with his 4-year targets, this year - 2022 - needs to be IT.  The kinds of targets he's shooting for will be making their Juco offers late this summer and fall.  So he "just got there" but also is looking to commit in the next 8-9 months to a 4-year.  As such, he will be sending out emails very soon to his D1 targets (especially those that had interest in HS and committed to following him in Juco) with his spring schedule as well as his summer plans with the collegiate league he's playing in.  I'd caution anyone who is going the Juco route from feeling "finished."  It's more like you simply reached another base camp on the way to summiting Everest.  Catch your breath and enjoy the night, but get up tomorrow and begin working towards the next leg.