Skip to main content

Reply to "Sitting on an offer"

@atlnon posted:

If you do get an offer from a school with a deadline, what would be the proper next step?  Based on reading the comments here, is the proper next step to reach out to the schools you are interested in, let them know that you got an offer from a school (leave the school anonymous), and you wanted to reach out to see if there is an opportunity to play for their school before you accept the offer?  Is that the right tone?  If the offer is from a D1 school, any value is specifying that the offer is from a D1 school?

I've been told by others through this process that once that first offer comes in, the floodgates opens and other offers started coming in.  I don't understand how the other school knows about that first offer though.  Is the college baseball community that small that when one school offers, the news spreads fast?

The game has changed dramatically in the past 2 years. Are they schools he's been talking to, visiting, keeping up with, etc? If they are schools with low levels of engagement I wouldn't even consider hitting them up at this point.

How is the offer and how high is he on the program?

Here is how the other schools know:

Coach, as you know I'm very interested in  _________ but I want to let you know I have a very good offer that I am strongly considering. If you guys are still interested great, can we talk about where we stand right now? If not, no worries, best of luck.

Last edited by PABaseball