Skip to main content

Reply to "Sitting on an offer"

To be honest, my son is only getting real interest from this one school so far.  He likes the school and the baseball program/philosophy seems to be a good fit for him.  I would be fine if he gets an offer and he commits to that school.  My worry is we don't know what he has not considered or what he has not thought of if he does not have other options to compare it with.  He has not gotten an offer from this school yet.  The coach recruiting him has indicated that they are ready to make an offer sometime in July.  Who knows if it is going to happen.  Just asking this question here makes me worry that I'm jumping the gun and jinx the whole thing....

On a separate note, I would like to ask this forum for feedback about the school but I am not really comfortable sharing the name of the school since it's not a done deal yet.  I searched the forum and the last discussion about the school was more than 5 years ago.  Is there another way of doing it or I just have to be willing to share the name of the school publicly?  I've been in IT long enough to know that if someone tries hard enough, they can connect an online user persona to the real life.

This has been an interesting process so far.  I can't wait for it to be finalized so that I can share more details here to share with others.