Skip to main content

Reply to "Sleaze factor off the charts, agents allege"

"If a hs player that you advise, only gets slot money, do you feel that they should pay you 5% and why?

Many people have a problem from a conceptual point of view reRazzaying an agent for something you can do yourself. Well, the truth is you CAN'T. Not anywhere near as well as an able experienced professional can.

BigHit, if your Son hit someone in his car & was being sued for a million dollars would you represent him in court? Probably not because even though people have watched Judge Judy/Divorce Court/ People's Court etc. they still don't know how to try a case.

Even though you & the other Dads have been to a million games & followed Baseball as fans all your lives, that still hasn't prepared you to represent your Son, particularly when you add in the fact that you can in now way expect to be objective.

I believe I said in a previous post that an Agents' performance should be evaluated not only by how much he gets a player but how he gets it. If you get a kid a record setting bonus but the whole organization(and their fans) he signed with hates him because of the way his Agent handled his negotiations, how good a job did he really do for the kid? Conversely, if my kid were drafted & even left a little bit of $$ on the table but entered Pro ball with a great feeling because of the way the negotiations went, I would think his Agent did a great job.

TR, I know your feelings on profiles and agree. However, I don't see how the very act of picking a moniker discredits someone unless it somehow is rude, crass, or obscene. JMO After all my son no longer hits,nor is he #15. LOL

"Well I'm standing next to a mountain, chop it down with edge of my hand."
JAMES MARSHALL HENDIX