Skip to main content

Reply to "Sleep?"

CaCO3Girl posted:

Mine loves chickfila and zaxby's chicken...is it the best, nope, but it's better than a grease filled burger and fries.  He also wants about 2 gallons of chocolate milk a week...so I'm hoping his bones are at least healthy.  

I think your son and my nephew are soulmates, those are his favorite things as well.

IowaMom, your son seems to be a very responsible young man who is managing is schedule pretty well overall. The exhaustion is likely due to his busy schedule, but it might not hurt to get it checked out at the doctor IF you think it could be something more than that. My friend's son found out he had mono while playing college ball last year, and they warned her it could have turned serious. 

Assuming it's normal teen exhaustion, is he allowed to keep his phone at night? Maybe take all electronics away at a certain time at night. I know some people might think that's overparenting, but he's late to school which indicates his lack of sleep is interfering with his life/education. 

You could pull the teenage nuclear bomb option and do what my dad did to my sister when she was consistently tardy between classes at school. She told him there was no way she could get from class to class in the time allowed. So he went to school with her! He sat in her first few classes and walked with her to the next class. It was amazing how she was able to be on time after that. You could drive son to school, and walk him into the building to make sure he gets the message. lol Sadly, Dad's parenting stunt had no long term affect on my sister's tardiness since she's late everywhere she goes to this day.