Skip to main content

Reply to "Slider"

quote:
1. What makes a slider so much worse than a curveball?

i think the velocity of a slider causes more torque/stress on the elbow, on young still developing arm's.

you said asmi didn't think curveball's caused arm injury's,more from overuse. i would agree to a point, you only have so many bullets in the gun. when a player is young, it doesn't matter how big he is. his body is still young. overuse isn't alway's pitch count's, throwing sliders can be overusing the arm.

you also said young players need to locate their pitches and change speeds. i agree 100%, you can't beat a good cu, instead of a slider. different fingure presure can give more movement on a fb without chance of damage.

my own opinions are based on what i have seen. you can find people that will back up whatever it is you want backed up.

as i said before,i don't want or need to argue this point. just trying to help. arm care is the thing.

bball
congrats on your son making varsity as a freshman. be careful, sometimes in the thrill of success we throw caution to the wind. enjoy the journey,it doesn't last forever.