Skip to main content

Reply to "Slot money"

Thanks, that's just the way I see it and sometimes there is no right or wrong, it all depends on who wants you and what they are willing to pay.

Harper is in a good situation because he is so young and will only get better the more at bats he has. He can afford to pass up if his number isn't met. Someone else will be waiting for him next year. However, I really think that Nats will sign him, he will become a very valuable tool for trade to fill in their holes.

A very good example is Kyle Parker out of Clemson, drafted first round. They must have really wanted him because it's going to cost them a lot for him to give up football and the NL draft. I wouldn't be surprised if he got more $$ than some before him, and way above the slot he was taken.

I am a huge proponant of going to school first and getting in as much education as you can and growing up in college, but my opinion changes if the player gets what he wants to begin his pro career if that is really his priority, no matter where he falls in the draft.