Skip to main content

Reply to "Small plus defensive CF"

Hang in there Kidrock.  My son is 5'7 170.  He does have the man meat, pretty much 0 body fat and he has been in the gym 2+hours a day for the last 3 years.  His is currently a senior in high school.  He also plays CF and is very quick on tracking the ball.  He run a 6.51/60, vertical reach 44", exit Velo 92, and avg Velo in the outfield.  If you son can get in the gym he has a change.   Mostly likely only a few opportunities, and will need to jump on the opportunity when it comes.  Taking from my sons experience, when you go the the big showcases and tournaments, not many are looking at the kid that is 5'7.  There are too many other bigger kids there.  We were not getting much traction, some but not a lot, but one of his emails and videos caught a coaches eye.  This summer (summer before SR year) He was invited to one of the out of country camps and play with the coach for a week.  After talking with his travel ball coach, we got the advice to go, since having a coach watch him play for a whole week is a lot more looks that you get in a showcase.  My son played great that week and got close to a offer there at the camp.  Then we went to the P5 School's showcase camp at the end of the summer.  My son got the offer there at the camp and took it.   So there is still time for your son, but he is going to need to pack on the muscle and find an opportunity where he can shine and stick out.

Last edited by TXsportsdad