Skip to main content

Reply to "So how's it going?"

My out-of-state 16 hours away freshman son is absolutely having a blast! I know this is a honeymoon period - he's had two weeks of classes so he is starting to get a taste now of having homework and classes. He's loving the "fraternity" of the baseball players - the older players are inviting the freshman over to their houses, and seems like the freshman are bonding. He's also loving his coach - the coach that recruite him left and an assistant coach was promoted to the position.

Another comment he's made is about loving the freedom of having a class and then maybe having a break before another class. It's all new right now and all good. Don't know when the "bubble" will break but we'll ride this happiness bubble all the way!

Only kink in his "bubble" - his rooommate was an "invited walk-on" who decided not to play who has a girlfriend at home. Yes, he's on the phone crying to this girl day in and day out and driving my son crazy with his complaining about everything. I know you can't dictate when and how your son falls in love - I know his parents must be devastated about this turn of events.

He is not homesick at all - of course we're missing him but so glad he's happy for now. Looking forward to hearing reports about the other freshman across the country.
Last edited by curveball07