Skip to main content

Reply to "Son of a Pitch"

@MA2304 posted:

Well, my son was given the chance to pitch last inning at his game. His coaches never had one on one with him with pitching and they just decided to throw him in the game as a pitcher. Even though he's been complimented from college players and coaches and camp his coaches have never made it a priority to get his pitching technique where it needs to be in Order to perform. Even though his pitching was really good according to college coaches bus coach told him to pitch HIS way without giving my son a chance to see how HE pitches. He goes up to the mound walked the 1st kid up to bat and my son's coaches removed him and put him back on 3rd. I was so pissed, for 1 why not allow him to finish the inning, 2 why say " i just wanted to see what you'd do" and send him off to bring in a new pitcher like he wanted to see my son fail, 3 why shatter his dream of trying to be in the pitcher position and not give him a real chance. Only after 1 kid that he walked when other pitchers have done the same and that never happened to them. My son was humiliated and hurt by their actions. How should i address this and not be the "crazy mom".

This is probably gonna sound harsh, but it's not my intention. This is YOUR kid. If he wants to be a pitcher, YOU get him the help he needs, lessons conditioning etc. You make sure he learns and abides by proper arm care. Not all coaches are capable of getting your kid where he needs/wants to be. If you and your kid put the work in, learn what is right, you will feel more comfortable with your situation. You may even agree with said coach. (Maybe not). But above all be informed. 

Trust me when I say, if he is better than the rest of the pitchers on his team, he will be pitching.