Skip to main content

Reply to "Son was starter on JV B then moved to JV A rarely plays. why?"

Thank you for the replies, hearing it from others make you realize some things. I agree with what you all say and he is glad that he is playing anywhere on the field even if it's for a couple of innings or so.

My phrasing was not the best as I just posted without really reading what I wrote. I am not living through my son. I support him and work with him as all parents do.

My son approached me w this question and we did tell him that there is a reason but being a kid going from playing a lot to this it is natural for him being concerned. As for asking the Coach, we have told him to do that.

The players on the A team are good and the 3rd baseman is good and he knows that. He belongs to Select Team that for the past 3 years. He just wanted to know and I felt posting this question on this forum. Now he understands a little more and since he is a Freshman he does not know the process and as a parent I too learned something today.

Thank you again any other advice is welcomed. Oh, his work ethic on and off the field is what the Coaches has noticed.