Skip to main content

Reply to "Son will be going to a brand new HS"

Oh my gosh, I can not thank you enough! This was just exactly the feedback I needed, and now I am going to totally chill about the issue and let him just enjoy the thrill of a new school, and facilities when he gets there.

He is on a great team, which I imagine will contune on in some form as a tournament team throughout HS. His coach played D1 baseball, then went on to coach at the college level for a few years, and has the knowledge, leadership and character that we have always looked for in coaching for our boys.

I don't know that I would classify our son as a "stud" but he is a solid player that you can put just about anywhere and he wont hurt you. Most importantly (I think) he is highly coachable, always respectful and paying attention. When a coach tells him to do something he doesn't get attitude back, he gets a player that does what he tells him to do. In a world full of helmet throwers, blame it on anyone else but themselves'ers, and smart mouths, I think to any coach he is a jewel! At least that is the response we have always gotten. He has ability, but his great attitude gets him as far as his athleticism.

He was in a huge hitting slump, and last night in a double header his average didn't improve much, but he didn't strike out at all, and he did get a stand up double. He also pitched half of a winning game with only one run scored against him, and one walk . So I am a happy mom today!

He is still 12 and playing with some boys going into their Freshman, and even Sophmore year, on the HS regulation fields. He holds his own just fine, and I think the tougher compitition is good for him. He is also mutant sized at about 5'11 and 150, which certianly doesn't hurt things!!!

Thanks again to everyone who responded. I can't wait to keep up with the ins and outs of the politics of HS baseball here with all of this knowledge floating around. Lots of great advise and a stand up double in one day.....what more could a boy mom want!?!?!?!??!