Skip to main content

Reply to "SOOOOO frustrated...coach projecting?"

quote:
Originally posted by Rajun Cajun:

My boy has a lot of work to do and last night we had a chance to discuss the areas that need work on for next season. I let him guide the discussion so the suggestions would be his own. He said he wanted to work on hard hit ground balls to his left and right (judging the depth and angle), and work on getting his pitching arm back a bit further. He also wants to continue to work on his bat and work on hitting to the opposite field as he does have trouble with the outside pitch.

My son is just entering his freshman year in college to play ball. I can hardly remember his coming to me over the years to suggest he work on these things, let alone at 9! Rajun, I know your intentions are good but really, you need to ease off your son just a hair and let him be a boy. I've seen a TON of kids over the years who got burned out by over-zealous Dad's who pressed their son's to perfection on the field. Two of my best friends played college ball and stayed on their boys just like this. Guess what? They both quit at age 15.

Not trying to judge here but give I hope some friendly advise that may help in the long run.