Skip to main content

Reply to "Sophomore Son wants to do more show case evals"

ROGERS3-

Now that we’ve straightened the error you’ve been making with spaghetti out....I’m still not sure why your son feels he needs to get more showcases in? College baseball is in season and yes there is some recruiting going on but it’s not the pace it was a month ago.  Do you mean showcase tournament’s? Those will ramp up in the summer.  RJM is right. You need a goal and then a roadmap to that goal.  There are a lot of resources on this site that can help.  Now is a great time to get organized for this summer, it’s a big summer for D1 caliber sophomores. Your focus should be getting on a team that will help your son be seen.  (IMO) and getting colleges excited about seeing him at those tournaments by having your son (with your help) send introductory emails with metrics and video.  There are also a bunch of threads that talk about west coast kids getting seen on the east coast and vice versa.  Even though you’re in the middle, I think those principals apply to you.  

Make sure to stress to your player that doing work on the field and in the classroom is truly the most important thing at this moment. 

Also, because you brought it up. Might want to talk to someone about how his age and the draft impact how  colleges see him? He’s significantly older than the majority of sophomores.  I don’t know if schools will care that he’s eligible in his sophomore college year.