Skip to main content

Reply to "Sophomore Son wants to do more show case evals"

Eokerholm posted:
baseballhs posted:

Is this just since The new director because I can’t say enough good things about Bicknell the last two years. The events were good and he went above and beyond for kids.

Showcases were a joke. Run poorly. UH location. Hurry up and pitch 10 and be done. They got the types of pitch wrong. My son felt rushed. He’s only there to pitch. 

Another showcase at A&M pitchers were supposed to show at 1:15, we got there early at 12 and they started pitchers at 12:20. They sent out a public tweet, not an email to the attendees, a tweet. I don’t check twitter when driving so we were thankful we were early. Others weren’t as lucky. 

They don’t use or update pitch speeds accurately even though I had video which included their radar and Shooter even tweeted the speeds in his post about my son at the PBR Tourney at UH. Emailed director video and shooter’s tweet and nothing. 

@22and25 posted an even worse review of PBR Texas.

I won’t go into other reasons publicly as I’m sure certain people are on here. Needless to say I’m, and many others, are not fans and won’t go to anything in Texas.

PBR NY and PA Director is awesome. Great guy to follow and I hear their events are much better. 

Maybe bickell had “the outs” this summer but it was bad. Really bad. 

Glad your situation and experience was better. 

Re: PBR NY, I agree my kids have done their events going on 3 years. Dan who ran NY took over PA I believe. He's still involved in NY though.