Skip to main content

Reply to "Southeastern and Eastern District Predictions"

Posted January 11, 2010 11:09 AM Hide Post
Can, What do I have to complain about? Questioning a post is far from complaining, but I will agree with the terminolgy reference.Please don't confuse my post by mentioning past praises, I never said you were critical of these kids just innacurate (IMO) of your analogy. This site is made for healthy discussion right? My opinion is based on watching basically every game for 2 years. Last year I felt going into the season chemistry was very good, but an attempted mutiny by a few seniors caused problems for sure. Coach Todd handled the situation very well, but replacing 3 senior contributors would be tough on any program. Thanks for the previous praise of these kids, they are great kids.

I am assuiming that DCHEAT is a parent or close affiliate to the Grassfield program. First of all I would like to say that I am very close to the grassfield program and as well as with the seniors of last seasons baseball team. The seniors of last season were cheated. I repeat cheated. Delgado- SENIOR, McDermott- SENIOR, Hudgins- SENIOR, Iley- SENIOR, Mani- SENIOR, Best- SENIOR. These young men were cheated by a coach who was looking forward to this year. Yes the team does look good for this season but I have never ever in my 20 years of being affiliated with baseball seen a coach degrade and bench one of the more talented senior classes to come through in a while. These boys were there from the begining back to the deep creek summer practices. They put their blood, and sweat by the boatloads into this program. To say these boys attempted a mutiny is absolutely outlandish and extremely subjective. How are you going to bench one of your best power hitters in Hudgins and say that he is no good to the team without giving him a chance? I have never ever seen a coach jerk around his all-district player so much before. Iley made the all-district team with pure hardwork and killer instinct to do the job. I have never ever seen a kid be degraded so much by giving his position away to not 1 but 2 untested players and throw lies at him saying this was his position in the future! As for McDermott and the rest of these boys, they were out at the field every single day of their junior and senior years. They put in almost ten times more work in then anyone on the team. Typically a normal coach would put his boys on the field and let them play, that was not the case! It will be the same for a long time until Todd is gone. This years team has a lot of hype around it just as last seasons did. Cox and Ellis are very good players and will be great one day as well as Ingraham. Ingraham has been a great player for the first three years and is one of the best kids you will ever meet. I am appalled that you said their was a mutiny when what the boys were clearly standing for was what was right. I know everyone has their own opinion but this is an absolute mochary. Good Day.