Skip to main content

Reply to "Southeastern and Eastern District Predictions"

I would be willing to venture that in this day of technology, any coach that is either ignorant enough, or stupid enough, or just plain too egotistical should be put on you-tube!
I can guarantee that if the coach was video taped during a game and that tape displayed the kind of behavior discussed, the school board would be forced to address the issue.
I stated before, a coach is still an employee of the school board. Depending on the infraction, a coach may be terminated from the school division. This means that they may jeopardize their career.
I will reiterate that if a parent complains and the behavior continues, shame on the parent for not taking it to the next level. Isn't it funny that the coach who wants no parent involvement expects those same parents to do fundraisers, to help build press boxes, to cover concessions and then hand the cash over to him, etc. Parents, give him what he ask for, nothing!!!!!! But the day he thinks that he doesn't have to answer to the way he handles a minor in his care, is the day he needs to be taken off the field!
With that being said, there are plenty of coaches out there that do the right thing, they handle many issues with both parents and players very well.

Lynn Metheny