Skip to main content

Reply to "Southeastern and Eastern District Predictions"

Wow, I feel the love! You guys must think I am an abusive guy, huh? I am the proud father of 2 kids under 5. I am a coach. I grew up in gyms and on baseball fields. Somehow this turned into condoning "abuse". I said no such thing. In fact, I alluded to Bob Knight because even AFTER the allegations of abuse and his dismissal he was able to get a good job doing what he loves because SOMEWHERE OUT THERE parents and kids wanted to play for him. You guys make high school kids sound like 3 year olds. These kids are, in some cases, less than a year from being in the military, playing college baseball, taking pre-med courses, and they are becoming young men. My problem with parents often times is a lack of communication between parent and kid, and the coach is painted as a "bad guy" because of it. Of course coaches shouldn't abuse kids, but to post comments about cursing on a baseball field to prove abuse is ridiculous... Lack of an extensive vocabulary, maybe. My comments were about being careful what is posted on PUBLIC boards about individuals, be they coaches or players. The conversation should be between player, parent, and coach, NOT on a public board. That's just my opinion. Did I mention that 3 of our former players are at VMI? If you think dropping F-bombs is abuse, don't send your kid to one of the finer institutions in our country.