Skip to main content

Reply to "Southern showcases/combines"

TPM posted:

Yes the Dynamic showcase has attending schools in the  geographical area, which was my original suggestion for someone living in NVA to pursue.

What? Louisiana is in Virginia's geographical area??? Neither is South Carolina, by the way. Coaches from these states will be attending.

Also attending are coaches from North Carolina and Tennessee which I suppose you could call NVA's "geographical area" since they are states that border Virginia. To the north of Virginia, there will be Maryland and Pennsylvania coaches attending.

As I mentioned previously, there are numerous reasons for wanting to both attend school and play ball out of state. Do you know how much time *away from academics* kids have to spend when they play ball in northern states? It can be incredibly hard on them. We also have ADDITIONAL REASON reasons that are personal. I would LOVE for my son to attend UVA- an hour away! or GMU, GW, also around an hour drive! The thought of having my son going to college far from home is like being stabbed in the heart. But a parent's job is to look past that and help them do what is best for them. If my son COULD receive both an academic scholarship AND an athletic scholarship to attend a school that happens to be out of our "geographical region" but better for him as a person- ISN'T THAT WHAT HE SHOULD DO????

The only question I had in my original post was if there was advice on how to get your name in front of coaches that might not get a chance to see you, or have you on their radar, because you're NOT in the top 1% but you could in fact be a contributing player. I wouldn't have asked the question if I did not have an understanding of the basic facts.

There is no need to continue to try to shut my question down.  I already thanked you for the thoughtfulness of your information, and for the details on the Florida Showball that was helpful. Thank you for clarifying how your son ended up at Clemson. That was helpful information as well.