Skip to main content

Reply to "Southpaw Pop"

Raider06,
Your son, for a sophomore, is quite the competitor. Eventhough he gave up a couple of runs in the 1st, un-earned, he kept throwing his stuff and it worked until his team-mates got the sticks going. As is for my #14, your #14 can compete and be successful without throwing the magic 90+ mph fastball. I was impressed how the W.F. coach was patient with your son. The coach obviously has confidence in your son's abilities, competitiveness and is willing to let him work out of trouble in high risk situations. I am sure your son respects his coach for showing that type of confidence in him.

This was a hard series(week) for my family and especially my son. Dalton was so looking forward to throwing his best stuff against his Burk Bandit friends.
    However, my dad - Dalton's Papa passed on Monday night. Papa has been blind for the past 20 years, never saw Dalton compete, but always asked how he did and did they win?
    Dalton had to miss a Tuesday practice.
    He was called on to throw in-relief(without a lead)in Game 1 on Wednesday.
    Our entire family traveled to Floydada to attend the funeral Thursday.
    We then rushed to Amarillo to prepare/attend graduation Thursday night.
    Within an hour & half after graduation, Dalton got on the team bus to get to Lubbock to get a few hours sleep for the Friday 10:00am game 2.
    Dalton was again called on to throw in-relief(again without a lead) in game 2.

Dalton is disappointed by the team's loss & elimination from the 4A High School Baseball Playoffs, but my entire family has been strengthened by God's reminder that baseball is ONLY A GAME when we view it as it relates to LIFE & DEATH.

Good luck next weekend. I will continue reading about the success of the W.F. Rider Raiders & your #14. If time allows, stop by this summer to watch my #14 throw for the Burkburnett Blacksox.
Last edited by Southpaw Pop