Skip to main content

Reply to "Sox Town RIP"

Facts are facts. KW has said that the Sox will not offer contract extensions to any of their starters when the time comes. Now, you can spin that anyway you'd like but it is what it is. The Sox have said that this new economic landscape is not one in which they choose to play, so that means that they'll be replacing their rotation with prospects. They've left themselves no other choice. Only time will tell if that is a winning method. If you think the Sox are better today without Garcia then that's your opinion.

I do know that the Sox just saved $10 Million for this year. If they don't turn around and put that right back into the product on the field then I'd be very disappointed if I was a die hard Sox fan.

Do you think that the Cubs will choose not to work an extension for Zambrano because of the changing economic climate? How about the Yankees,Red Sox, Dodgers or Mets? Either you're gonna play in this new environment and ante up to keep your rotation for a few more years or you're gonna gamble that the young pitchers you acquire will, at some point, pan out. Time will tell.
Last edited by itsrosy