Skip to main content

Reply to "Spending money wisely"

I find the comments here very interesting.

Keep in mind that Albert and his wife felt slighted that they wouldn't give them what he wanted, everyone thought they offered him a tremendous amount but not for the time frame he wanted. In order to keep the team competitive, there was no way the cardinals could afford to give him what he wanted. I know some die hard fans who won't even mention his name, they feel slighted, kind of like those in Cleveland feel about LeBron.

I think that the 2011 season took it's toll on every player that went deep into the post season. It's evident by the amount of injuries sustained by both teams that played in late October. He may be having an off year and also, keep in mind that he is one year older. There has been more and more speculation that he is older than he claims to be.

I am wondering if the spotlight on Trout and a few others didn't take some of the wind out of Alberts sails. FWIW, Albert prefers being the #1 guy in the spotlight. That is what he thrives on.

That was very nice of Albert to be so kind to those players watching him put on his personal show. I have heard, from someone who has been involved with the STL ML clubhouse (in a different capacity other than a player) for many many years, that Albert wasn't always that way in the clubhouse with teammates, if you spoke his language and embraced his beliefs he embraced you in his inner circle. Everyone else was just everyone else. Can't tell you if it is that way in LA.

Albert was not the glue that kept the clubhouse together.