Skip to main content

Reply to "Sport Inequity?"

quote:
Originally posted by 3FingeredGlove:
A player need to be enrolled full-time to practice, or to play in the regular season.

He may be able to meet academic progress standards by only having received credit for 6 hours during the previous term. Actually trying to succeed academically may not seem important to a player who plans to leave school at the end of the term.

So a player in basketball (or baseball) could in some circumstances practice and compete, while only receiving credit for 6 units in the preceeding term. He would have to be enrolled full-time in all terms during which he practices or competes.

Baseball draft rules are set by professional baseball. The NCAA has no direct input into the draft rules.

So...let me get this right...

I enroll in 12 units in the fall...actually finish 3 in "Basketball theory"...and 3 in "Rap appreciation"...never go to class for the other 2 classes after the first day. Then in the spring I can enroll in 12 and never go to class a single day? And I am on scholarship....And the school and the NCAA is OK with this? And it's OK for baseball players for their last year as well?