Skip to main content

Reply to "Spring Baseball - 2016 - College"

younggun posted:

Not to throw a wet rag on this conversation. This will unfortunately be the first spring I will not get to watch my son play baseball since he was 5. He was recovering from ulnar nerve transposition surgery this past September. Everything was going well until last Monday. He threw his first bullpen from the mound and felt a pop. A MRI confirmed out worst fears, torn UCL. I am sitting in his apartment waiting for tomorrow when the TJ surgery is scheduled. 

I wish all of your sons a healthy spring. Never take a single inning for granted. You never know when it will be over. We are hoping for the best, but I'm never again going to take anything for granted.  The next 12 months will likely be the longest of my life.

Son is in good spirits, all things considered. He was pretty upset for the first couple of days. After a couple conversations with his head coach and surgeon he completely changed his attitude and realized that everything happens for a reason. He said he is just ready to get the surgery over with and get to work on the rehab.  

That's a bummer.  I really wish your son luck with this.

Good luck tomorrow and Merry Christmas!