Skip to main content

Reply to "Spring Baseball - 2016 - College"

#1bballmomfan posted:

Son has thoroughly taken full advantage of just being home for the holidays and relaxing.  We went to our deer lease for a few days then he followed that up with eating, sleeping, working out, spending time with his siblings playing xbox and playing cards, little more xbox, hitting the cages and fields several times a week....eats more and just being a carefree college student .  LOL Love having him home.  I know he's anxious to get back and get into some dirt though. Seems just like yesterday when he picked that big barrel bat up for the first time, when the glove was the size of a cooking mit and his pants swallowed him up to now being so grown up.  Some of the best years of our lives as parents watching him navigate and learn about life and it's ups and downs....and it seems to only be getting better. College has agreed with him so far and that makes a mamma's heart happy.  Baseball has just  been the icing on the cake for him.  I'm gearing up and getting ready for a new chapter and watching some college baseball.  Can't imagine it should feel differently sitting in that stand as any other, but somehow I imagine it does. 

I see that you live in Texas and so does Redfishfool.   He is always talking about going to the deer lease!