Skip to main content

Reply to "Spring Baseball - 2016 - College"

Dropped the son off last week for Spring Training.  Then the wife and I went and enjoyed the So Cal sunshine and beaches for a few days.  Stopped in to say hi and take the kid to lunch on the drive back home.   Pretty clear it's going to be tough to get much playing time.  The team kept 13 outfielders in toto.    2 seniors, 5 juniors, 1 sophomore and 5 frosh  (though one of he frosh is hurt and can't throw right now but can bat, so that's really 4 and a potential DH, I guess).    Definitely looks like the frosh are all headed for JV squad  this year.  7 of the 8 upperclassmen are returning varsity outfielders  and one is a junior  JC transfer.  Two of the returners saw  almost no  PT last year when the varsity carried a mere  7 OF.  If they carry all 8 of the upperclassmen, there will be even less to go around.    Tough odds.  Very crowded OF.  Kid says that they can all play too and that a number of the bench guys would be starting on other teams in the league.   On the bright side,  my kid seems to be playing his butt off.  But  man, that's a lot of competition!  

Last edited by SluggerDad