Skip to main content

Reply to "Spring Baseball - 2016 - College"

#1bballmomfan posted:

OK I'm busting at the seams.... Last weekend they played to far for me to travel but good friend of mine made the game.  As I mentioned in the update he was able to bat but flied out.  This weekend however DH made the Friday game and I drove the 4.5 hours for the Saturday game that morning.  Was going to leave before 4th game was over due to the 4.5 hour drive in front of me back home, but decided to stick it out I was there and I'd make the best of it and take him out to dinner so I buckled in for the long haul and  boy am I glad I did.  Son got to bat and not only got to bat he went yard....yes first home game to play and my son hit a homerun.  My husband was watching it via computer since our youngest also plays baseball and he was home with him.  I couldn't believe it.  He ended up going 2-2.  Had to bribe a kid candy and coke after he snagged the ball.    Sons team is now 13-3. 

This mini-story brought back memories of my experience (and my father's) a few years back. The long drives, the unknowing of what the weekend would entail for me, the lows of a bad game (or not playing at all... even after my dad drove 8 hours up to Maine !), and of course the times of highlights when everything went right (like your son's homerun).  Congrats on the good game. What conference is he in?

Amazon: Going with the Pitch SE

Author of "Going with the Pitch: Adjusting to Baseball, School and Life as a Division I College Athlete" (Second Edition)