Skip to main content

Reply to "Spring Baseball - 2016 - College"

Sorry to hear about that Chef...  Never easy to have an injury come up.  Hoping for a positive prognosis and comeback!

As for my son, he got his first opportunity to pitch on Saturday.  It has been rough for us (my son and myself) so far this season.  He's a senior and the team had played 9 games before he got his first time on the mound.  He was feeling very discouraged.  And it's not like the other pitchers were doing great...  So, he finally got his opportunity.  Did very well, other than giving up a 3 run HR.  Ugh...  Pitched 3 innings.  1st inning got them out 1-2-3 with a K.  2nd inning, gave up a walk, no hits and one K.  3rd inning, weak GB single up the middle, infield single, pop up to 3rd, then the HR.  He was super pissed...  Coach left him in and he struck the next two guys out and came off the field cursing.  One pitch killed him.  Just hoping the coach will keep some confidence in him and give him some more opportunities.  

Team is doing well.  They are 8-2 on the season and 3-0 in conference play.  They can really hit and have come from behind to win a number of games.  In the game my son pitched in on Saturday, they were down 12-5 in the 7th inning and came back to win 13-12.  Won a game last weekend in which they were down several times during the game and wound up winning 19-18 in 10 innings.  One thing you can say, they never give up.  

Here's to hoping for more opportunities and a good senior year!!  Time really does go by fast...