Skip to main content

Reply to "Spring Baseball - 2016 - College"

Traveled to Florida to finally see some games.  It is one thing to hear about the high level of baseball in top collge leagues down south, quite another to see it.  

The pitching was the best we've seen not on TV.  Fielder's make sick plays laying out, etc.  (Graig Nettles when I was a kid  comparison for me, or Machado of current players).  As a fan, I had to clap for all teams' good plays I saw (there were many).  Of course great fastballs; and sliders & curves that demonstrate where the term 'dropping off the table' came from.

People back home don't realize the talent and competition.   One game (2 really great arms, 0-0 til the 9th) had 40-50 scouts.   There are scouts at practices.  "We are not in Kansas anymore Toto....."   

Glad son is getting some time.  A fight for PT.  Parents very nice and welcoming, good things to say about Son, the pitchers love throwing to him.  He loves his teammates and the coaches and obviously the weather.  Think he will see more action as he continues to prove himself.  A scout called last night to say it is an accomplishment for a northern freshman kid to get on the field in Florida.  

Good luck and success to all.