Skip to main content

Reply to "Spring Baseball - 2016 - College"

Yes coach, it is the 1st year any region has had more than 6 teams.  I don't know the exact makeup right off hand, but I know some regions remained at 6, some have 7 and some have 8 this year.  Another worthy team was Georgia College in the PBC.  Before we beat them in the tournament, they were on a 12 game win streak and played some of the toughest competition in the country, including a 3 game series with Tampa early in the year.  

Yes, it is a HUGE advantage to not have to play that 1st round game and play at home.  While other teams are traveling, we can get some practice in.  Our pitchers know the mound, kids can go home between games and we get to save a pitcher.  Which is real big for us since our weak spot (until the tournament last weekend) has been our pitching.

Looking forward to a good, competitive tournament.  I'll tell you this, there will be some good baseball played down in Columbus over the next few days.  If anyone is in the area, they should stop by for a game or two.  With the quality of teams down here in the Southeast, there is no shame in playing D2 baseball...