Skip to main content

Reply to "Spring Baseball - 2016 - College"

JohnF posted:

I am somewhat surprised that given the rain and the prospect of last night's loser (game was 3H51M starting at 1052P) would still be scheduled for a 1030A start... Why not flip-flop with the CSU/USCA game... Imagine getting into bed at what 330-4A knowing you have like 4-6 hours of "sleep" to need to get ready to play an elimination game.  Killer for us Adults, perhaps just an average day for a college student!

My son's team experienced something similar at last years NCAA D2 Atlantic Regionals.  Third day of the tournament they were scheduled to play late - 7 pm (had won the first two games).  The two games ahead of them both went into extra innings.  The first one went 11 innings and the second went 13 innings.  That pushed the start time for my son's game to 10 pm.  Game did not end until 1 am - unfortunately they lost.  That put them playing at 10 am then next morning.  At best they got about 6 hours actual sleep by the time you factor in getting to/from the field from the hotel, meals, etc.

NCAA would not waiver from the schedule unless weather related.