Skip to main content

Reply to "Spring Baseball - 2016 - College"

Well I waited for son's season to be over to post (avoid HSBBWEB "jinx") and unfortunately it did last Sunday..they were 2 outs from making NCAA tournament.. first inning run that held through 8 wasn't good enough as a hit, walk, 2 HB and a "walk off" wild pitch ended season.

Some solace though as RipkenFan son's team is young-- ace this year was freshman, and starting CF and 2B (RF Son) were freshmen; two best hitters are returning. Exciting year as team went from last to first and won first division title in 20 years.

Son had a good fall (hit over .400), but was I was pleasantly surprised that he played every game--started all but one but PR and stole base off bench in that one. Looking to build on next year. Thrilled he ended up in top ten in league in hits, runs, and triples. Second in stolen bases and sac bunts in league.

His defense kept him in lineup while he adjusted from HS to D1 pitching--slow start with bat.  He had highest fielding percentage among all MI in the league. 

Interested to see how NCAA tourney works out.  Once league champ loses, I'll probably be rooting for a team he faced early in season.