Skip to main content

Reply to "Spring Baseball - 2016 - High School"

We had our first scrimmage of the year Saturday. We replace eight starters and the one returning starter was still playing basketball and wasn't there. However, we didn't look too bad. My 2018 pitched two innings, giving up no runs, striking out three and walking one. He threw a consistent 85 (eerily consistent - every single fastball over two innings was 85). I was a little disappointed in his at bats. He got three at bats. In the first at bat, he hit one off the fists that still drove to deep right field for a line drive out. The other two at bats were four pitch walks. Even knowing nothing about him (we were playing a 5A team that wouldn't know us at all), they were obviously keeping the ball away from him. He may see a lot of that this year. Because he was mainly a PO during the summer, he only had a limited number of at bats since last spring. However, he's put on 60 pounds since last year at this time (going from 170 to 230) and I am interested in seeing how that translates to power at the plate.