Skip to main content

Reply to "spring break high school tournaments"

The team we played from Kentucky was either East Carter or West Carter - not sure but one was pretty good and the other one ..... well wasn't that good. We played the one that wasn't that good. The first two games we beat them by a combined 20 runs and the third game I played all my reserves and let my asst. coach run the show and they got us by 2 or 3 runs.

The local team was Carolina Forest HS just outside of Myrtle Beach. At the time we played them they were ranked third in class 4A and they were really good. We lead most of the game but got beat by two runs in extra innings.

The team from North Carolina was East Columbus HS and they were very good too. We were out of pitching by this point (many injuries last year) and they killed us by 10.

Don't know if I can guarantee you the level of competition but I felt the overall experience was well worth it.

Pikeville is my old stomping grounds. I was asst. coach at Pikeville High about 11 years ago. I played college ball there too at the local college.