Skip to main content

Reply to "Spring Programs for 15U"

I'm sorry, but I'm so confused on the ages you mention... PG has a April/May cut-off date. If his 2025 kid was born prior to May then he will have to play at least in the 15's.  Then most tournaments that I know actually group 15s with 16s. Granted if his kid is born May/June/July/Aug then playing down with 14u is an option as many of these kids are 8th graders, but I've never seen held back 16 year old kids being allowed to play in a 14yr old tournament?

Maybe I just read it wrong???

No you read it correctly! So here in Houston PG is played by “grade” Age is not the determining factor! When we played 14u the kids was already 15 in age but in 8th grade!

Nearly everyone “reclassified” they repeat 8th grade and start K at 6 (for athletic cheating) they are 2 years or at least a year and lots of months older! Ex: in my son freshman team he’s 14 age wise - but everyone is already either 15 or turning 16 soon!

I’ve know a few dishonest parents if the kid didn’t make the 9th grade HS team they just join a 14u team and play the season with the 14u team. Then summers they play 15/16!
look up any 2025 from a Houston team and you will see they are all 15 some nearly 16 and few is already 16.

The 2026 class is already 14 some now turn 15 years when they should be “age” 13! Reclassification so PG now plays by “grade” which is not verified! So the cycle continues….. by HS graduation they are 19!

Reclassification is “BIG” here in Houston.

Last edited by NY