Skip to main content

Reply to "Spring Programs for 15U"

@NY posted:

No you read it correctly! So here in Houston PG is played by “grade” Age is not the determining factor! When we played 14u the kids was already 15 in age but in 8th grade!

Nearly everyone “reclassified” they repeat 8th grade and start K at 6 (for athletic cheating) they are 2 years or at least a year and lots of months older! Ex: in my son freshman team he’s 14 age wise - but everyone is already either 15 or turning 16 soon!

I’ve know a few dishonest parents if the kid didn’t make the 9th grade HS team they just join a 14u team and play the season with the 14u team. Then summers they play 15/16!
look up any 2025 from a Houston team and you will see they are all 15 some nearly 16 and few is already 16.

The 2026 class is already 14 some now turn 15 years when they should be “age” 13! Reclassification so PG now plays by “grade” which is not verified! So the cycle continues….. by HS graduation they are 19!

Reclassification is “BIG” here in Houston.

I understand re-classing, it happens on the east coast as well. I also understand cheating/sand-bagging, it too also happens on the east coast as well. My confusion refers to PG's actual rules. I can look up any PG tourney online through perfectgame.org and it clearly states for current 14u baseball:

"2026 Graduate or younger OR born on or after May 01, 2007"

Basically if my 25 was born in May/June/July he could play down with 26's. However if my 25 was born in Jan/Feb/March, even if I re-classed him he could not play with 26's because his birthday is before May 1st of 2007. Whether or not it is enforced is a different issue.

As for the original poster, getting some games at 14u may be an option for your kid if he has a May/June/July Birthday....