Skip to main content

Reply to "Spring Team for HSers! The PROSPECTS"

So glad you are doing this. I know that Texas has a lot of giant sized high schools, where a lot of talented kids don't make the team for one reason or another. For those talented kids that need something more competitive than Little League it is nice that they have this option.  The point is to keep playing and improving, stay sharp, and remember that you are playing a long game, in that unless you are a true stud player you probably aren't going to get a lot of attention from colleges (if that is your end goal) based on what you do as a junior or younger. If you are good and/or projectible, you will get attention from carefully selected and targeted showcases and college camps. Just because a high school coach wasn't able to recognize your potential, or just didn't have the roster space, it doesn't mean you have to stop playing a game you love at a high level. (You can tell I'm speaking from the heart on this one - my son is very much in this boat, a kid trying to make the jump to varsity who is on the bubble. We live in Northern California, a bit too far to join the Prospects, but we may be looking around here for a similar program.) Good luck this season!