Skip to main content

Reply to "Spring Team for HSers! The PROSPECTS"

NORCALBBDAD, Appreciate the kind words and encouragement.  I hope you do find a spring team/program.  All sports are competitive here in NTX.  Baseball suffers from a limited budget and limited capacity (compared to football) at the schools and thus really talented players do not make a squad.  Nothing to do with the kid or his talent level, but when a Coach only has 18-20 spots on a roster....sadly good talent gets cut.  I have several HS Head Coaches that coach summer ball in my club and they share it is agonizing cutting players number 21 or 22 and maybe the only reason is he is already 2 deep at SS or 3rd or C, etc.  The Prospects is for those players and yes we play REAL baseball games whereas the alternative is what....???  Not playing at all is the case most times until summer.  I am not satisfied with that alternative.

To RJM, you clearly have no appreciation for what this program does for those kids and parents that got cut.  And, yes there are schools here that do not have a baseball program.  Given an opportunity to play in the spring versus doing nothing is a blessing they cherish.  Feel free to dig a little deeper into this program and others.