Skip to main content

Reply to "Spring Team for HSers! The PROSPECTS"

I appreciate all the feedback, even the negative.  I have been running this program as is for 5 seasons and now entering its 6th and the evidence and feedback from the players and parents is my motivation.  Yes, it does cost money to run the program, and factor in I have to rent the fields they play on and hire the HS grade umpire crews that run the games.  There are a number of variables that go into this program and yes, they cost money to do so and do so effectively.

And I will proudly add that we have had a number of Prospects play for us a season, tryout for their HS squad the following year and make the team.  We have also had many Prospects not play a single game for their HS and are now playing in college.  At the end of the day, the Prospects provides an opportunity that is not otherwise there.

A comment on the "make shift homeschool" teams, you have no clue how those programs are run and the fact they produce some of the best baseball around this area.  Do some research.  A couple of these programs can take on any powerhouse program in the city.  Because of  school classification and sanctioning (i.e. UIL, TAPPS, etc.) they cannot.

Appreciate as always the feedback and comments.  I learn from each.