Skip to main content

Reply to "Spring Team for HSers! The PROSPECTS"

PABaseball posted:
catching22 posted:

I don't know where PABASEBALL is (Pennsylvania, perhaps?), but our public school's baseball booster club fee is $1,000, and I've heard they are $1,500 at the next school over.  Both JV and V pay that, and our JV only plays 9 games.  $650+ doesn't sound out of line at all.

I have a problem with them calling the opportunity a blessing. 

Huh.  I would have thought that having the opportunity to play baseball would always be considered a blessing, but since the term wasn't used until after your initial post about this not being real baseball, I'm pretty sure that it's not that one word that has you so bothered.  Whatever; if it's not for you, don't send your son out for a tryout.

FWIW, I know several players or alumni of these alternative HS teams; one is expected to starting on a P5 team this (his sophomore) season.  Several are playing in college.  Others play for elite summer teams and either didn't make their HS JV teams as freshmen or don't want to play for their HS coaches.  I personally am glad there is an alternative to sitting around and waiting for May (and my son made varsity as a freshman, so this isn't sour grapes talking).