Skip to main content

Reply to "spring team scenario - need opinions"

Midlo is it Midlothian?   I get what you are saying and I was.kind of thinking the same thing.  I didn't realize we were talking about a 17 yr old.  Things should be pretty settled by then.  But on the bright side I will just add this.  I have seen that 6.8% many times but that number is hugely misleading.  First there are a number of kids who just play to be on a high school team and have zero intention to play college.  Then there is the other end of the spectrum great athletes who have choices and choose a different sport for college.  Then there is another group who is good enough say for d3 but just don't want to do it.  Kind of the D1 or bust crowd.  Another groip that are high academics and would rather forgo sports after high school and focus on academics at an ivy type school.  Etc. Etc.  There are a lot of kids who eliminate themselves for a variety of reasons.  I firmly believe that if you have some talent there is always a place for you somewhere.  Of course you may have to throw out every other consideration for picking your school and use baseball as your only criterion.   None the less a realistic outlook is always important.